Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Mon June 24, 2019
- Car smashes into Greenacres Cemetery headstones - Headstones and memorial crosses were damaged in the "reckless and appalling" act in Oldham.
- Listeria outbreak: Inquest conclusion to be quashed - Senior coroner Nigel Meadows will quash his own inquest conclusion, a court hears.
- Manchester Airport: IT failure causes check-in delays - Passengers have been facing long queues at Manchester Airport after "an IT issue" affected check-in.
- Stockport carer stole £25k from elderly victims - Adam Ahmad's six "vulnerable" victims were suffering Alzheimer's disease and other illnesses.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.