Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Sun July 25, 2021
- Murder probe after Bury woman dies from severe burns - Three men are arrested in connection with the death of the 31-year-old in Bury, Greater Manchester.
- Four injured as shots fired at Manchester engagement party - Two men, a woman and a 16-year-old girl were hospitalised after five shots were fired, police say.
- Fatuma Kadir: Missing 11-year-old Bolton girl is found - Fatuma Kadir, who travelled from Bolton to London, is found after police mount a nationwide search.
- Covid-19: Air travel takes off on busiest weekend since pandemic began - Huge queues at some airports are reported on the first weekend of the summer holidays for many.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.