Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Fri January 24, 2020
- Boy, 15, dies after being rescued from Ashton Canal - Declan McNally was pulled from the Ashton Canal in Droylsden, Tameside, on Wednesday evening.
- Eminem lyrics: Rapper says album was 'not made for the squeamish' - The rapper says controversial lyrics on his latest album are "designed to shock".
- Motorbike pillion passenger murder: Salford man detained - Mitchell McGivern intentionally mowed down a motorbike two rivals were travelling on at speed.
- Jessica Andrews wins Portico Prize for novel about female 'poetry and power' - Jessica Andrews' Saltwater wins the Portico Prize, for books that "evoke the spirit of the north".
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.