Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Sun January 24, 2021
- Storm Christoph: Call to 'open flood defences slowly' - Workers at a park, where the RSPB was set up, call for better environmental management after floods.
- Nandy calls for transparency on dose gap length - Lisa Nandy also tells the BBC's Andrew Marr that current travel restrictions 'are not sufficient.'
- Manchester United v Liverpool - Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's FA Cup tie between Manchester United and Liverpool.
- Man City avoid FA Cup shock at Cheltenham - Manchester City score three times in the last 10 minutes to defeat League Two side Cheltenham and avoid one of the biggest shocks in FA Cup history.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.