Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Sun July 5, 2020
- Coronavirus: Pubs and hairdressers reopen as England's lockdown eases - Midnight haircuts as coronavirus restrictions ease - but people are urged to be "tremendously cautious".
- Manchester United 5-2 Bournemouth: Mason Greenwood scores twice in crushing win - Teenager Mason Greenwood scores two superb goals as in-form Manchester United hammer relegation-threatened Bournemouth.
- Wigan Athletic: Mayor Andy Burnham and MP Lisa Nandy call for takeover investigation - Local MP Lisa Nandy and Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham call for an investigation into Wigan Athletic's recent takeover.
- Golf pro Rick Shiels passes one million YouTube subscribers - Rick Shiels is the first golfer to get more than one million subscribers to his channel.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.