Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Mon August 26, 2019
- Man, 19, dies at Creamfields festival - The man died in hospital after falling ill at the four-day dance music festival in Cheshire.
- Jamie Hodson's girlfriend says racing was his passion - The girlfriend of a road racer killed at the Ulster Grand Prix in 2017 says racing was his greatest passion.
- Man Utd 1-2 Crystal Palace: Patrick van Aanholt scores winner - Crystal Palace stun Manchester United with an injury-time winner to record their first victory at Old Trafford since 1989.
- Neighbours fly rainbow flags to support victim of homophobic abuse - Neighbours of a man subjected to homophobic abuse in the street rally to show their solidarity.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.