Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Wed April 1, 2020
- Coronavirus: The restaurants feeding hospital staff - Chefs whose businesses have shut have been volunteering to feed NHS staff working around the clock.
- Alan Henning death: Charity's 'failings' over killed aid worker - Alan Henning was kidnapped and killed after travelling to Syria with the Al-Fatiha Global charity.
- Coronavirus: Rochdale Council tops up 'unhealthy' food boxes - The government says the items were additional supplies and "not to be confused with food boxes".
- Coronavirus: 'Stockport Spider-Men' delight families in lockdown - Two friends are delighting families in lockdown by dressing as Spider-Man on their daily run.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.