Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Mon September 28, 2020
- Covid: Manchester mayor calls for 'urgent review' of 10pm closures - Andy Burnham says people are gathering elsewhere once bars shut but ministers defend the policy.
- Covid: Manchester Metropolitan students 'feel completely neglected' - Manchester Metropolitan University students worry about food and mental health as they self-isolate.
- Covid: About 40 universities report coronavirus cases - More courses are switched online as more universities face Covid outbreaks and isolating students.
- Coronavirus: Manchester patient treated with arthritis drug - Farhan Hamid, 41, has received a dose of otilimab at Manchester Royal Infirmary.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.