Helping Keep The Oldham Community Local
Thu April 25, 2019
- Sri Lanka attacks: Manchester woman confirmed as eighth Briton killed - Lorraine Campbell, 55, was on a business trip in Colombo when she died.
- Measles: Greater Manchester outbreak rises to 47 cases - Greater Manchester sees more measles cases so far in 2019 than in the previous two years combined.
- Rochdale stab death: Man charged with woman's murder - Saima Riaz, 33, was found dead at a house in Smallbridge, Rochdale, early on Tuesday.
- Saddleworth moor: Fire crews tackle Oldham blaze - Up to 50 firefighters were called to the scene above Oldham at Knott Hill, Delph.
Avoid Your Home Flooding
Posted by Administrator : Monday 11th March 2013
BE PREPARED OR AT LEAST HAVE YOUR ARM BANDS READY. Flooding can be devastating for home owners but some simple tips could prevent heartbreaking and costly repairs. It is important that you understand about your property and local areas, so you can be aware of any potential flooding problems in the future.
Top Flooding Prevention Tips
• Move costly possessions and important documents
• Protect furnishings
• Stock up with Sandbags
• Protect irreplaceable
• List useful contacts
• Pack a flood kit
• Keep informed
Floods can arrive without warning making it is so important you are prepared.